London Market’s e-placing platform of choice
Placing Platform Limited is a not for profit company set up in 2016 with a pioneering vision: to create a single market solution for electronic placing that would allow brokers and insurers to quote, negotiate and bind business electronically.
Since the first risk was bound on our platform in June 2016, PPL has expanded to cover almost all classes of risks placed in the London market, and is used by around 165 carriers and 175 broker firms. The success of the platform is attributed to the collaborative nature of its development. With representatives of the entire market contributing expertise, our platform is truly by the market for the market.
PPL supports face to face negotiation across the placement process by enabling a faster and more efficient process for less complex risks. We are the London Market’s e-placing platform of choice, offering a tried and trusted platform with best-in-class customer service to our market.
What PPL offers
- Underwriters can plan work more efficiently through the PPL dashboard and prioritise more complex negotiations;
- Brokers can request quotes from multiple carriers more efficiently, saving time to focus on more complex negotiations and sourcing new business;
- Brokers create submissions, upload supporting documents and carriers are selected. Carriers are able to respond within seconds;
- Face-to-face negotiation continues across the placement process;
- Risks can be accessed online with opportunities to accelerate turnaround time for quotes, firm orders and endorsements;
- The progress of a risk can be tracked from quote submission to bind, including endorsements;
- There is clarity on where risks are in the process and with whom, while holding all supporting documentation with a full audit trail;
- Management Information (MI) on user activity and behaviour;
- A full auditable history, enabling clearer audit trails;
- Faster production and management of documentation;
- Opportunities for integration to back-office systems;
- In the event of a claim, the entire risk negotiation information can be produced at the touch of a button.
1. Continue to enhance and industrialise the platform.
2. Increase submissions and bring more into scope.
3. Continue the journey towards ‘data first’ with data standards and APIs.
Our management team
Chief Executive Officer
Head of Market Relations
Head of Operations
Product & Practice Manager
Board of directors
Bronek Masojada (Chair)