The first risk was bound!!
A copy of the press release – in case you didn’t catch it …
Following a successful live launch yesterday, Placing Platform Limited is delighted to celebrate the binding of the first risk on the new Next Gen platform. The first risk was placed by Lockton’s Profin team; 100% underwritten by Duncan Sinnott of Markel International.
Carl Smith, Head of Europe Operations and Transformation at Lockton said: “We have been closely involved with the testing of Next Gen and were delighted to bind the first risk on the platform. We were involved at an early stage because Lockton recognise that Next Gen will change the dynamics of the placing process, by helping us to move to a ‘digital first’ approach to placing risks.”
“Congratulations to all involved in the milestone risk placement, and particularly to everyone at PPL, who has worked hard to get the new platform live. Having now placed risks on it, we can see Next Gen is an intuitive and user-friendly platform that represents a step change for the London insurance market.”
Joe Gordon, CEO of Placing Platform Limited said: “Another pleasing milestone achieved. Thank you and congratulations to Lockton and Markel International who were first out of the traps with Next Gen.”
What’s happening next week…
- PPL are recruiting more Pathfinders!
- Train-the-Trainer access is granted to all firms that requested to carry out their own in-house training.
- Broker firms will be contacted by PPL regarding loading archive risks
- We continue to work with selected early-adopter brokers and corresponding underwriters that will access the platform to place several “pathfinder” placements, to exercise the platform end-to-end and iron out any wrinkles.
- Reminder that Carriers who are not part of the pathfinder group should not expect to receive any placements before April 3rd.
Access to Next Gen…
All firms must tell us how they would like access to be granted on Monday 3 April. If you did not complete the Market Readiness Questionnaire, please email PPLenquiries@placingplatformlimited.com with your instructions.
- Access to the Platform will be granted in different ways, once the MUA is signed.
- All users issued in one go.
- User access is phased – according to the firm’s instruction
- Can’t remember the other option!
All firms – How do your users complete their training?
Everything Next Gen training related is managed through the LMS (learning management system). Everyone has several Options:
- Physically attend the classroom
- Virtual classroom
- LMS on-line modules & videos
- Some firms have also elected to run their own in-house training.
Access to the Next Gen LMS is only available via this link: https://placingplatformlimited.sabacloud.com/
Broker firms only – How do you get ready?
Some broking firms may wish to pre-load their archive risks & renewals ready for cut over. Each broker firm will need to identify the users that will be carrying out the activity and advise PPL so that we can activate the accounts.
There are three upload scenarios/approaches that Broking firms may wish to take:
- No pre-loading of risks – Create placements on a risk-by-risk basis directly on Next Gen from when you start using the platform post April 3rd.
- Transfer live and active archived placements into Next Gen in advance of your cutover, uploading all documents and entering carriers/markets so that they are available for immediate processing.
- Transfer live and active archived placements into Next Gen in advance of your cutover but leave them in the archive area for promotion on a risk-by-risk basis as and when they need to be endorsed.
If you plan to load archive risks and/or bulk upload risks for renewals, PPL have provided a tool to support this activity. Please reference the detailed step-by-step guide (this includes a link to the tool) to help you through the process: PPL-Next-Gen-Archived-Placements.pdf (placingplatformlimited.com)
Signing the MUA
If you have any questions that are preventing your firm from signing the MUA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Market Readiness feedback form
Thank you to all the firms that have returned their feedback forms so far. We will continue to follow up with any outstanding responses.
Your feedback is important to your trading partners in the market and as promised, the responses will be shared on the PPL website to give the market visibility of everyone’s cutover intentions.
Here’s the link: https://placingplatformlimited.com/ppl-next-gen-market-readiness/
Broker cut-over plans
These are updated by COP every Wednesday:
Has your IT Dept configured your Single Sign-On (SSO) and checked your firewalls for Next Gen? SSO is compulsory to use Next Gen. Here’s the guidance: https://placingplatformlimited.com/ppl-next-gen-sso-v3-0/
PPL has a 5-day SLA for SSO set-up and/or a technical discussion. The 5-day period starts from receipt of your completed SSO template.
Weekly market demonstrations
These are your regular opportunities to see the platform. Drop-in, lunch ‘n’ learn sessions. All virtual and last for approx. 45 minutes.
Your PPL Relationship Managers are always on-hand to support you in addition to the increased frequency of communications.
For previous bulletins, please see below: